- This event has passed.
World Sustainable Energy Days 2022
April 6, 2022 - April 8, 2022
2022: Energy transition – full speed ahead!
The new “Fit for 55” package aims to put the EU on track towards climate neutrality. Energy accounts for 75% of GHG emissions. Speeding up the energy transition is critical!
In 2022, the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED) present the far-reaching transformation of policies, technologies and markets and how to raise the pace of change. The WSED are a leading annual conference on the energy transition and climate neutrality with more than 650 participants from over 60 countries.
When does it take place?
6 – 8 April 2022
What do we offer?
In just 3 days, you will benefit from a comprehensive package:
- 6 dedicated conferences, including the European Energy Efficiency Policy Conference, European Pellet Conference, Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference and the Smart E-Mobility Conference
- hands-on experience through technical site visits to innovative energy projects
- a major tradeshow on building efficiency and renewable energy with 800 exhibitors
- new business opportunities
- valuable networking possibilities
- Austrian hospitality!
Our audience: the entire energy transition world!
- business actors engaged in the energy transition: technology and equipment companies, energy companies, service providers, planners, developers, financing community etc.
- the energy research community
- public body representatives (e.g. EU institutions, national, regional and local governments, energy agencies)
- over 650 experts from more than 60 countries!
Upper Austria – a leader in the clean energy transition
Upper Austria, one of Austria’s nine regions, is a leader in the energy transition, making the region an ideal location for this conference. Through significant increases in energy efficiency and renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions from buildings were reduced by 39 % in 10 years. 60 % of all space heating and 31 % of the primary energy in Upper Austria already come from renewables. Over 2.5 billion Euro are invested annually in the energy transition.